Six Nightly Routines That Can Help Rejuvenate Your Face
We wear our age on our faces. If we don’t take care of our skin it will become dull and make us look much older than we are. To give your skin a boost, here are six nightly routines that can help rejuvenate your face:
- Remove your makeupBefore you wash your face, use a high-quality makeup remover to clear away your makeup. Any residue that the makeup remover misses, your face wash will take care of. There are different products available that remove makeup such as toners, micellar water and special scrubs. You may have to try different brands to see which one works best for your skin.
- Wash your faceWet your face with warm water, then, with a cleanser that is specifically designed for the face and neck, gently massage the product into your skin. When you’re done, rinse with warm water. Warm water opens the pores to better remove any dirt and bacteria from them. If you are someone who showers at night, you can wash your face in the shower. However, make sure the water is warm and not hot.
- Serums, exfoliators and clay masksIf you have problem skin (acne, wrinkles, blemishes, etc.) you should use an exfoliator, serum and clay face mask at least twice a week to give your skin an even deeper clean. Exfoliators and clay masks remove blackheads and acne while serums help promote the growth of collagen to give your skin a youthful glow.
- MoisturizeYou should moisturize every night to soothe and replenish your skin. Moisturizers act as a barrier between the air and your skin to keep pollutants and dust out while you sleep. Look for a moisturizer that does not contain additives or chemicals because it could irritate your skin. You will also need to find a moisturizer that is made for your specific skin type such as dry, oily, sensitive or combination.
- Apply eye creamBecause the area around our eyes does not have any oil glands, it’s important to use eye cream to reduce the puffiness and dark circles that form there. Eye cream also helps replenish the skin around the eyes.
- Don’t forget your lipsWe often forget to care for our lips but if you are someone that wears lipstick, you should get in the habit of cleaning your kissers. With a soft cloth and warm water, gently wash your lips to remove any dry and dead skin. Once you’re done, apply a lip balm or Vaseline to your lips. This is especially effective in the winter when our lips tend to crack and chap.
One of the most important things you can do to keep your skin healthy after following the six steps above is to get a good night’s sleep. You should also drink water during the day to keep your skin hydrated. Try this routine for a month and you should notice a healthy change in your skin.