6 Tips To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
Skin tags are the excess flaps of skin that hang loosely from different parts of the body like the eyelids, underarms, neck, under breasts, and groin folds. Although these tags do not hurt or cause any known medical condition, they are undeniably unpleasant and embarrassing. If you want to get rid of skin tags, here are a few tips to help you with the process:
- Ask your doctor to remove them with a scalpelA physician can remove skin tags simply by severing them at the base with a pair of scissors or scalpel after numbing the site with a local anesthetic. If done properly, this is a fairly painless method that can be used to get rid of multiple tags in a single sitting.
- Cauterizing the skin tagsBesides cutting the skin tags, your physician can also recommend treating them with cauterization or burning. This process does a better job of ensuring that they don’t reappear. Originally, the process involved heating a piece of metal that was then applied to the area.Today, modern medicine employs chemical cautery or electrocautery. This technique should only be done by skilled medical professionals. If done well, it can reduce scarring, which makes it ideal for use in more visible areas like the face and neck.
- Ligation or tying the tags off with dental flossLigation eliminates the skin tag by temporarily blocking the flow of blood to the area. It requires you to tie a piece of dental floss around the skin tag and then pull on it a little bit each day. Eventually, it should dry up completely and fall off.
- Puncture and treat with isopropylThis process involves clipping the top clear part of the tag with a nail clipper and then rubbing alcohol on the site. It is not as painful as it sounds since there are no nerves on the tag, but you can use ice cubes to numb the site before commencing. After applying alcohol, leave it dry for a couple of days, and then wiggle it. Repeat the process until it can be pulled out.
- Apply a creamThere are some creams on the market that claim to completely get rid of skin tags. Although this is debatable, some users claim to have successfully eliminated skin tags using creams. So you may give them a try.
- Freezing them awayYou can buy tag-removal kits in the store that contain liquid nitrogen, which, when applied to the tag, will cause it to freeze and fall off in several days or weeks.
Since skin tags are usually unobtrusive and painless, you can choose to ignore them and continue with your day-to-day life. However, you should avoid wearing jewelry or clothes that could irritate them and cause them to bleed.