5 Tips For Preventing Acne Breakouts
For those who suffer from regular acne breakouts, it can seem like the battle to keep them under control never ends. You want to put your best face forward, but your acne can cause you to feel self-conscious around others.
If you’re looking for effective solutions for preventing future acne breakouts, then the following are a few tips you can begin to use today.
- Wash Your Face DailyAt the end of the day, you probably just want to fall into bed. But it’s important to take the time to wash your face thoroughly before going to sleep.When you wash your face, you remove dead skin cells, oil buildup, and other impurities that can clog pores and lead to acne breakouts. Washing your face gently at least twice a day with warm water and a mild facial cleanser will go a long way in keeping your pores clear.
- Use MoisturizerApplying moisturizer to your face may seem counterintuitive, but this will actually help keep your acne in check.The sebaceous glands in your skin produce an oily substance (sebum) that lubricates your hair at the follicle, and acne occurs when there is a buildup of sebum underneath the skin.If you fail to use moisturizer, the sebaceous glands will work hard to compensate for the dry conditions that can create excess oil. But choose a moisturizer that’s oil-free, lightweight, and non-comedogenic so that it won’t clog your pores.
- Exercise RegularlyExercise is good for your body and has a positive effect on your skin. When you exercise daily, your hormones are balanced and toxins are released through your sweat.Both of these processes benefit your skin and help keep it clear. More importantly, exercise benefits other systems of the body that can indirectly support the health of the skin.
- Rethink Your Product ChoicesIf you use makeup on a regular basis, you might want to take a look at the products you use to make sure that they’re not contributing to your acne problem. Your foundation, powder, and blush should be oil-free, non-comedogenic, and be free of added dyes or chemicals that can irritate the skin.You may even consider reducing the amount of makeup that you use or wearing it less often. If you continue to wear makeup, be sure to wash it off every evening.
- Try Blue And Red Light TherapyBlue and red light therapies have proven to be successful treatment method for controlling acne. These two treatments work together to prevent acne breakouts and heal existing acne scars.Blue light therapy kills bacteria on the skin. These inflammation-promoting organisms are a major contributing factor to acne breakouts. When bacteria are removed through blue and red light therapy treatments, the frequency and severity of acne breakouts are greatly reduced.The primary purpose of red light therapy is to heal existing acne scars. Infrared red light therapy stimulates the production of collagen, which supports wound healing. By using blue & red light therapy together, you repair previous damage caused by acne and prevent future breakouts.
Acne doesn’t have to be a lifetime problem. The best solutions for acne breakouts can help you reduce its occurrence and severity while creating a new and healthy appearance for your skin.